Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What does YOUR wall look like? - A blog challenge

The clock has been ticking much faster lately, hasn't it?

It was just a few minutes ago that I made a comment on a friend's photo on Facebook which I found really interesting and intriguing! Do people really add up Post-it notes and reminders to their walls? Wow! Suddenly, I was not alone!

(@lu_bodeman’s FB page)

And that’s how we decided to kick off the challenge!

This is my wall:



I know… I know… A bit too pink, right? I painted it myself – with a little help from hubby! On the first weekend after we had moved into the new house! This was about a year ago…

In Lu’s challenge she mentions that one’s wall can reveal quite a lot about its owner. Let's see… 

On my wall you will find lots of lists. I am a ‘to-do list’ type of person!

On the top left you will see that I have a list for whatever it is that I lend – from a magazine with a delicious recipe a friend once needed to a microphone for a student to record a ‘voicethread’ assignment. There are also lists for future meetings, post I’d like to write about, grading scales, TTC dates and topics, extra hours I have used at work… Lists!

I am also very positive about things, so I like to stick positive messages or any piece which will cheer me up whenever I’m in need. For now, I have two beautiful pieces: one is a letter a great friend and teacher wrote saying good-bye when going abroad on a huge adventure last year; and the other is a lovely poem a CELTA trainee wrote which is really touchy and sweet!

I like to set goals. On the top of the wall there is an old piece of paper, which I wrote about 5 years ago, with my main goals for the next years. This has helped me to achieve my objectives and not strand too far that I can get lost in the way. Every time I tick one of the items, it’s a party!

Do you think it’s over? Nope! There are some mini-notes which are related to the new words and expressions I come across so that I am always learning something new.

Oh! Yeah! And the 'orange' in the center? Positive words, written by workmates, trainees and tutors!

This is it… For today. As I said, the clock's been ticking much faster... Tomorrow, I’ll have another set of goals, notes, ideas…


What does YOUR wall tell us about you?


Prix. =)

3 comments:

  1. I don't have a wall with post-its. I just wanted to tell you, NOTHING can be "too pink", so, you're good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful and carefully kept. I myself don't have a wall per say, but I have a little white board on which I write some new words and expressions I come across. The 'rest' I write in a notepad I have in my nightstand's drawer. Reminders and post-it notes are spread around when necessary. But you know what I was also curious about? Your bookcase! Full of DVDs, right???!!
    Kisses! Tê :o)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really need to start blogging again

    ReplyDelete

Have your say...